Chunky Pininyahang Manok Recipe
Give a piña-level up twist to the usual chicken dish.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup onion, white, sliced
- 750 g chicken, parts, cut into serving portions
- 2 1/2 Tbsp patis
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn, black
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup milk, evaporated
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (200g), drained, reserve syrup
1. Sauté ginger, garlic, and onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add chicken and patis, then sauté for 10 minutes or until the chicken turns slightly brown.
2. Add peppercorn and reserved pineapple syrup. Bring to a boil then simmer in a covered pot for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
3. Turn the heat to low then add bell pepper, milk, and DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks. Simmer uncovered for 3 - 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spatula