Learn how to prepare this traditional Spanish stew the Del Monte way!
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 20 mins.
Serving Size : 12
- 600 g beef, round, cut into 2 1/2-inch cubes
- 600 g pork, liempo, cut into 2 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- 3 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 pouches DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2 pcs chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- 2 pcs bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn, black
- 1/2 cup garbanzos, cooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups potato, cut into chunks
- 2 cups Baguio beans, sliced
- 3 3/4 cups cabbage, sliced
1. Season beef and pork with salt and pepper. Brown in oil. Set aside meat and remove excess oil.
2. In the same pan, sauté garlic, onion and beef. Add water. Cover and simmer until meat is tender (adding more water if needed).
3. Add pork, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, chorizo, laurel, peppercorn, garbanzos and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until meat is tender.
4. Add potatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Baguio beans and cabbage. Cook for another 3 minutes. Serve.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon