Saucy Mango Chicken Recipe
Give this surprising dish a try!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup onion, red, quartered
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into 1-inch dices
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, green, cut into 1-inch dices
- 300 g chicken, thigh fillet
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (90g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1/4 cup mango jam
- 1 cup mango, ripe, sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips, crosswise
1. Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté bell peppers. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, pan-fry chicken until brown.
4. Add the DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce and sauté then deglaze with water. Simmer until chicken is cooked.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and mango jam then mix.
6. Add sautéed onion and bell peppers, then add sliced mango.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula