Country Chicken Steak Recipe
You can never go wrong with breaded fried chicken and a side of tasty french fries.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 10 mins.
Serving Size : 10
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 kg chicken, thigh fillet
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix (75g)
- 2 pc egg
- 2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
FOR THE FRIES
- 250 g potato, sliced to wedges
FOR THE GRAVY
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gravy Mix (30g), reserve 1 teaspoon to season fries
- 1 cup milk, fresh
- 1 tsp black pepper, cracked
- 1 tsp rosemary, dried
1. For the Chicken: Pound chicken thigh fillet to flatten. Dip the chicken in DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix. Dip in beaten eggs then in bread crumbs. Deep-fry in hot oil. Drain in paper towels.
2. For the fries: Fry potato wedges until cooked. Drain in paper towels then cool. Fry again until crispy and golden brown. Season with reserved 1 teaspoon of DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gravy Mix.
3. Dissolve the DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gravy Mix in fresh milk. Cook until thick, stirring occasionally, then season with cracked pepper and ground rosemary.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Sauce Pot