Classic Menudo with Raisins Recipe
Create this beloved classic the no-fuss way with Del Monte Tomato Sauce.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr.
Serving Size : 5
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp onion, red, sliced
- 200 g pork pigue, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 100 g pork liver, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup potato, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup garbanzos, cooked
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, green, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
1. Sauté garlic, onion, and pork for 3 minutes. Add water, laurel, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer over medium heat for 20 - 30 minutes.
2. Add liver, potato, carrot, garbanzos, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add raisins and bell peppers. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spatula
Preparing for Party?