Del Monte Red Pork Sinigang Recipe
Classic Pork Sinigang made richer and more malinamnam by using tomato sauce instead of fresh tomatoes. Try it for your weekly family date nights.
Who doesn't love a good bowl of pork sinigang? As a quintessential Filipino comfort food, a pork sinigang recipe is a mainstay in any home’s meal selection. Here we show you how to cook pork sinigang with a hearty twist, using Del Monte Tomato Sauce.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 55 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp onion, red, sliced
- 500 g pork, liempo, cut into 3 inch cubes
- 1/2 Tbsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2/3 cup radish, sliced diagonally
- 2 pcs siling haba
- 3 pcs okra, each piece cut into two
- 1 bunch kangkong, leaves and tender stalks only
- 1 Tbsp sinigang mix
- Combine water, onion, pork, patis, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Allow to boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add radish and sili. Simmer until radish is almost cooked. Add okra and allow to simmer until okra is cooked.
- Add kangkong and sinigang mix powder. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until kangkong is wilted.
This all-time favorite local dish is high in iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body and vitamin A that protects one from infections by keeping skin and other body parts healthy.
Siling haba (finger chili) varieties have different levels of heat. Start with 1 piece and add more for additional heat.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon