Hearty Lumpia Recipe
Try this healthy, budget-friendly lumpia recipe made tasty with rich tomato sauce.
Lumpia is a healthy appetizer or snack. Our unique Lumpia recipe uses DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce to make it sauce-sarap! Learn how to make Lumpia with Del Monte today.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Vegetable & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 15
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, red, chopped
- 200 g pork, ground
- 500 g puso ng saging/banana heart, trimmed then finely chopped
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 15 pcs lumpia wrapper
- 2 cups oil, for deep frying
- Sauté garlic, onion, ground pork, and banana heart in oil. Cook for 10 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until almost dry.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture on each lumpia wrapper. Roll and seal edges with water. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve.
Two servings of this hearty dish contains iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Banana hearts turn a dark color when exposed to air. To keep this from happening, soak the chopped banana hearts in water with a squeeze of calamansi. Drain well just before using.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon