An egg-citing recipe that's great for any time of the day!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 30 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, white, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1/2 tsp oregano, ground
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sugar, white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 can garbanzos (450g), drained
- 6 pcs egg
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, trimmed
1. In a pan, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and season with oregano, cumin, sugar, salt, and pepper.
2. Add water and simmer for 10 minutes. Add garbanzos then mix and simmer.
3. Make 6 wells or pockets in the mixture and pour one egg for each pocket. Bring to a low heat then cover and simmer until eggs are set.
4. Top with parsley and cilantro. Serve.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula