Easy Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe
Make the usual fried fish more delicious with this easy recipe!
We’re putting a twist to your usual fried fish with our Sweet and Sour Fish. For this recipe, all you’ll need is DEL MONTE Extra Rich Banana ketchup and vinegar to create that familiar tang. We also make this Sweet and Sour Fish recipe more piñasarap with Del Monte Pineapples. Learn how to cook it below.
Categories : Main Dish & Seafood
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 30 mins.
Serving Size : 3
- 1 kg dalagang bukid
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, rock
- 3/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- oil, for deep frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, red, quartered
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Extra Rich Banana Ketchup (320g)
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve syrup
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sugar, white
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Deep-fry in oil until crispy.
- In a separate pan, heat the oil. Sauté onions for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the vinegar, ketchup, reserved pineapple syrup, soy sauce, and sugar. Simmer while stirring continuously until thick.
- Add the DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits and onions. Pour over fried fish. Serve.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups
- Sauce Pot
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Mixing Bowl