Fish Escabeche Recipe
Your family will enjoy the saucy taste of Fish Escabeche!
Fish Escabeche (also known as Escabecheng Isda) is the Philippines’ version of a sweet and sour fish recipe. Here we show you how to cook Fish Escabeche the easy way. While our Fish Escabeche recipe may look simple, there’s a depth of flavor and color, thanks to Del Monte Original Style Tomato Sauce.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 13 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
- 500 g dalagang bukid, sliced into 3
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup onion, quartered
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, green, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar, white
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Heat oil in a pan, fry fish until cooked. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute ginger, onion, garlic, bell pepper.
- Add vinegar, sugar, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add water then season with salt. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Top fish with sauce right before serving.
This Fish Escabeche recipe is high in protein needed for growth and development, and vitamin C that helps fight common infections.
When frying fish, heat the pan over medium to high heat. Place the fish in the sizzling oil and allow to cook. Do not keep turning the fish to achieve a nice color and also to avoid damaging the skin and delicate flesh. When properly cooked, the fish will release itself from the pan without need to scrape the bottom.