Fish Piña Tocho Recipe
Simple, but tasty. You simply must try!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 30 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 3/4 kg alumahan, cleaned
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 2 cube tahure, drained
- 100 g tokwa, cut into cubes
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve syrup
- 3 stalk kinchay, cut into 1-inch long pieces
1. Sprinkle fish with salt. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, and ginger. Add soy sauce, reserved pineapple syrup, water, and pepper. Stir. Boil then simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Mash tahure and tokwa together. Add to the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, fried fish, and kinchay. Simmer for 1 minute.
This tasty Fish Piña Tocho dish is a source of calcium which is important to make bones and teeth strong, and of iron that is needed for red blood cell formation and normal metabolism.
Tahure is a salty fermented tofu and is the ingredient that gives the distinct flavor of the dish. Be sure to mash the tahure very well so that the flavor is well distributed in the sauce.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment