Fish With Pineapple Tausi Sauce Recipe
Try this pina-level up twist on fish tausi.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 18 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 pc tofu, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 cup oil
- 750 g labahita fillet, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp black beans (tausi), drained
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve syrup
1. Deep-fry tofu until golden brown. Set aside
2. Season fish with salt and pepper then coat in cornstarch and deep-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Sauté onions, garlic, and tausi in oil. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, reserved pineapple syrup and water. Bring to a quick boil. Add dissolved cornstarch and cook until thickened.
4. Toss in fried fish, tofu and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Cook for 2 more minutes or until heated through.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups