Fish With Pineapple Tausi Sauce Recipe
Try this pina-level up twist on fish tausi.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 18 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 pc tofu, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 cup oil
- 750 g labahita fillet, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp black beans (tausi), drained
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve syrup
1. Deep-fry tofu until golden brown. Set aside
2. Season fish with salt and pepper then coat in cornstarch and deep-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Sauté onions, garlic, and tausi in oil. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, reserved pineapple syrup and water. Bring to a quick boil. Add dissolved cornstarch and cook until thickened.
4. Toss in fried fish, tofu and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Cook for 2 more minutes or until heated through.
This dish is high in protein that does not only support growth and development but is also important for the regulation of enzymes and hormones. It also contains niacin that helps improve circulation and supports metabolism.
Choose firm tofu which will hold its shape better during frying and will not crumble like soft tofu.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups
Please login to post your comment