Gabi Meatballs Recipe
A healthy alternative to meatballs that kids can enjoy.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 30 mins.
Serving Size : 11
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
- 100 g pork, ground
- 1 pc tokwa, chopped
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper, black
- 1 kg gabi, boiled and mashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 cup oil
1. Sauté garlic, onion, ground pork, and tokwa. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and green onions. Season with soy sauce and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly dry. Set aside.
2. Season gabi with salt and pepper. Mash until fine and sticky. Form every 2 tablespoon of the mashed gabi into balls, then flatten.
3. Fill each piece with 2 teaspoon of the filling and form into balls. Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Serve with DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup.
Two servings of this dish gives you calcium for strong bones and teeth and iron which is essential for normal metabolism.
Cook the gabi until tender then drain well. Undercooked gabi will be gritty.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment