QNE Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
A favorite at mealtime, make sure you have a lot of steamed white rice on hand to go with this dish.
When the craving strikes, you’ll be happy to know that this Sweet and Sour Pork recipe is easy to make and is good for you and your family! Read on to learn how to make Sweet and Sour Pork the quick n’ easy way with Del Monte Kitchenomics.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 400 g pork, lomo/tenderloin, sliced into 1 x 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup onion, red, quartered
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, green, cut into 1-inch diamonds
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into 1-inch diamonds
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g), dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, and water. Add the pork. Drop the pork into the hot oil, piece by piece. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat the oil, add the onion, bell peppers and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the dissolved DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix. Cook until the sauce is thick. Add the cooked pork.
This Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Pork dish is rich in vitamin B1 which helps convert food into energy, as well as in the normal functioning of nerves and muscles. It is also a source of vitamin A that promotes good vision and healthy skin.
Cornstarch in the batter produces a thin crispy coating to the pork as compared to using just flour.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon