Grilled BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Rice Burrito Recipe
Here’s a roadtrip ready snack from Chef JP Anglo
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 29 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 8 pc flour tortilla (8-inch)
- 1/2 cup cheese, processed, cut into 1/4-inch thick and 2 1/2-inch long
- 200 g bacon, crispy fried bacon bits
1. In a pot, mix chicken thigh fillet, DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Barbecue Marinade, red onion, lemongrass and pepper together. Stew the chicken for 5 minutes.
2. Remove chicken from the pot. Add cornstarch slurry in the marinade, simmer until thick then set aside.
3. Grease grill pan with Contadina Pure Olive Oil and pan-grill chicken until fully cooked then set aside.
4. In a separate grill pan, heat Contadina Pure Olive Oil then grill the vegetables. Once charred, slice into strips and set aside.
5. For the Pininyahan Rice: Sauté garlic in Contadina Pure Olive Oil in a wok until golden brown then season with salt and pepper.
6. Add cooked rice, DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple and half of the sauce. Mix until well incorporated.
7. Add parsley and mix well.
8. Get 2 pieces of tortilla. Lay one piece over the other so that there is a 3-inch overlap. This will allow for a longer burrito. Place 1/2 cup of rice, 3 pieces of chicken, grilled bell peppers, onion, cheese, and bacon. Tuck both sides then roll forward to make a tight roll. Wrap with wax paper.
9. Heat burrito in a pan or grill pan over medium-high heat to slightly crisp tortilla. Serve with the remaining marinade for the sauce.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Can Opener
- Chopping Board
- Rubber Spatula
- Grill Pan