Hamonadong Liempo Recipe
This holiday favorite is now hassle-free to prepare!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 12 hr. and 5 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 47 mins.
Serving Size : 10
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar, white
- 1 kg pork, liempo, boneless
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 can DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with Vitamins A, C & E (240ml)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple (227g), drained, reserve syrup
1. Combine salt and sugar then rub all over the piece of pork liempo. Cover the container then chill overnight.
2. In a big pan, heat the oil then brown the meat on all sides in 1 minute.
3. Remove the oil from the pan then wipe the pan with paper towels. Add back the meat, add the DEL MONTE Pineapple Juice, reserved syrup, and water and simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until tender.
4. Garnish with DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple. Serve hot.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board