Layered Fruit and Custard Trifle Recipe
This colorful dessert is actually easy to prepare!
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Preparation Time : 8 min.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Serving Size : 6
FOR THE CUSTARD
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 2 cups all-purpose cream
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 pcs egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 pcs cupcake
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- powdered sugar (optional)
1. In a sauce pan, combine sugar, all-purpose cream and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, then set aside the mixture.
2. Place the egg yolk in a mixing bowl. Slowly add the cream mixture, whisking continuously.
3. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir continuously until thick. Add the vanilla.
4. To Assemble: Slice the cupcake into three, reserve the bottom part for the final toppings. Place the top part of the cupcake in the glass. Layer 2 tablespoon DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail on the cupcake, pour 2 tablespoons custard on the fruit cocktail. Place the other slice of the cupcake, top with another 2 tablespoon of fruit cocktail and 2 tablespoons custard. Place 1 slice of the cupcake on top of the layer and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups