Layered Fruit and Custard Trifle Recipe
This colorful dessert is actually easy to prepare!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Preparation Time : 8 min.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Serving Size : 6
FOR THE CUSTARD
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 2 cups all-purpose cream
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 pcs egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 pcs cupcake
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- powdered sugar (optional)
1. In a sauce pan, combine sugar, all-purpose cream and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, then set aside the mixture.
2. Place the egg yolk in a mixing bowl. Slowly add the cream mixture, whisking continuously.
3. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir continuously until thick. Add the vanilla.
4. To Assemble: Slice the cupcake into three, reserve the bottom part for the final toppings. Place the top part of the cupcake in the glass. Layer 2 tablespoon DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail on the cupcake, pour 2 tablespoons custard on the fruit cocktail. Place the other slice of the cupcake, top with another 2 tablespoon of fruit cocktail and 2 tablespoons custard. Place 1 slice of the cupcake on top of the layer and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups
Please login to post your comment