Maja Jubilee Recipe
Add a modern twist to a traditional treat with this new take on Maja Blanca!
Maja Blanca is a form of Coconut Pudding that’s made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. This creamy, silky dessert is easy to make at home using ingredients you may already have in your pantry. Our Maja Blanca recipe is even more festive thanks to the addition of DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Learn how to make Maja Blanca the Del Monte Kitchenomics way today.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 32 mins.
Serving Size : 16
- 3 pc pandan leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cornstarch, dissolved in 1 1/2 cups buko juice
- 1 pc buko, shredded (reserve buko juice)
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained (reserve 3 Tbsp syrup)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup condensed milk, sweetened
- Boil then simmer pandan leaves, water, and reserved fruit cocktail syrup in a covered pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove pandan leaves then add cornstarch mixture. Cook over low heat with continuous stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add buko, DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail, all-purpose cream, coconut cream and condensed milk. Cook, stirring continuously, for 15 more minutes or until the mixture separates from the spoon and pan. Pour into an 8 x 8-inch pan. Chill to set.
This dessert provides vitamin A that helps maintain eye health and helps resist infections.
To make sure that the maja unmolds easily from the pan, brush the pan with a little bit of coconut oil before the mixture is poured in. The coconut oil will prevent it from sticking and at the same time, will give it additional flavor.
Cooking Skills Needed