Moroccan Chicken Recipe
Travel with your tastebuds as you savor this aromatic stew.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 1 kg chicken, thigh
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 1 can chickpeas, canned (400g), peeled
- 1/4 cup onion, red, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup mint
1 In a pot, heat oil and sauté shallot, garlic, and ginger until aromatic.
2. Add chicken thigh and render chicken.
3. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, water and chicken bouillon cube. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Season with cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
5. Add chick peas and simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Plate chicken and garnish with red onion and mint.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula