QNE Kare-Kare Recipe
Cooking beef kare-kare has never been this easy!
Kare-Kare is a Filipino stew made thick thanks to a homemade peanut sauce. It can be a laborious process making Kare-Kare, and each town and region has their own secret recipes to do it. Kare-Kare doesn’t have to be served just on special occasions anymore thanks to this simple and easy Kare-Kare recipe from Del Monte Kitchenomics!
Categories : Main Dish, Beef, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy & Pinoy Dishes
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 20 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1/2 kg ox tail, cut into serving portions
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup eggplant, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup sitaw, cut up
- puso ng saging/banana heart (optional)
- 1 bunch pechay Tagalog
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- Boil oxtail in water and simmer until meat is tender.
- Add eggplant, sitaw, banana heart, and pechay ang simmer until vegetables are half-cooked.
- Pour dissolved DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
This tasty dish is high in iron needed for red blood cell formation that carries oxygen to all body parts, as well as for normal metabolism. It also has calcium which helps in bone growth and development.
To make sure that the oxtail does not have any off aroma, boil them in water for 10 minutes then drain and discard the water. Then boil again with the prescribed amount of water until tender.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board