Osso Buco Pasta Recipe
Impress your family at your next gathering with this pasta recipe.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta, Del Monte Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 3 hrs. and 30 mins.
Serving Size : 18
- 1 kg beef, kenchi, boneless, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 3 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, crushed
- 1 cup onion, white, chopped
- 1 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (1kg)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 cup water
- 2 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 cup carrot, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup bell pepper, red, cut into 1/4-inch squares
- 1 cup bell pepper, green, cut into 1/4-inch squares
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (900g), cooked
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- Season beef with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with flour. Brown all sides in oil. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onion. Add beef and wine. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Add water and laurel. Cover and simmer until tender (about 3 hours) stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots and bell peppers. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over or mix with cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with parsley and grated cheese.
This dish is high in vitamin A that helps protect one from infections by keeping skin and other body parts healthy. It also contains iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
It is best to use tough cuts of meat for long cooking methods like in this recipe. The muscles, fat and "litid" break down slowly at low heat, resulting to tender and flavorful meat dishes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment