Pasta Carbonara Recipe
Cooking carbonara is now made simpler with this quick recipe!
Much like Spaghetti, this Pasta Carbonara recipe is another Italian classic that has been adapted to suit our local tastebuds. Traditionally, Pasta Carbonara is made thick using only egg yolks, which can be difficult especially for beginners. To learn how to cook this version of Pasta Carbonara, all you’ll need is a handful of ingredients such as our DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce and bacon!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pork & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 19 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 250 g bacon, strips
- 1/2 cup button mushroom, canned, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, white, chopped
- 2 pouches DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce (200g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (400g), cooked (reserve 1 cup pasta water)
- In a pot, sauté bacon in oil until browned. Remove bacon and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté mushroom for 2 minutes. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the reserved pasta water and DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce. Mix until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add butter then mix until melted. Turn off heat then add half of grated cheese and chopped parsley.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta. Top with cooked bacon then garnish with the remaining half of cheese and parsley. Serve.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment