Pata Fabada Recipe
Delight tastebuds with this classic Spanish stew.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 55 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 1 cup chorizo pamplona, cut up
- 2 Tbsp chorizo oil from the can
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 whole pork, pata (approx 1.3-1.5 kg each), boiled for 30 minutes, reserve stock
- 4 cups pata stock
- 1 pc pork bouillon cube
- 2 pcs bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 2 cups kidney beans, white, dried, soaked overnight, drained
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp parsley (optional)
1. Sauté chorizo in chorizo oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic and onion then sauté for another 5 minutes.
2. Pour DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the pata, pata stock, pork cube, and laurel. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add beans. Cover and simmer for 2 hours and 30 minutes or until pata is tender.
5. Add bell pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Top with parsley.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon