Pata Kare-Kare Recipe
This pork kare-kare will be a guaranteed pleaser for your next family dinner!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy & Pinoy Dishes
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 15 mins.
Serving Size : 10
- 1 1/2 kg pork, pata front, cut up
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 3 cups water
- 2 packs DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 2/3 cup eggplant, sliced
- 2/3 cup puso ng saging/banana heart, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup sitaw, cut into 3-inch long pieces
- 1 1/3 cup pechay Tagalog
- 1/4 cup bagoong alamang
1. Rub pata with garlic and patis. Boil in enough water for 45 minutes. Drain, discard the broth.
2. Add 3 cups of water to the pata and simmer until meat is tender.
3. Retain only 1 1/2 cups broth in pan. Add DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and vegetables except pechay. Simmer until vegetables are cooked.
4. Add pechay. Simmer once. Serve with sautéed bagoong alamang.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Preparing for Party?