Picadillo Soup Recipe
Enjoy this hearty soup on cold, rainy days.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Soup, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 250 g beef, ground, lean
- 2 Tbsp DEL MONTE Tomato Paste (70g)
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1 liter water
- 1 pc beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup potato, cut into 1/2 x 1/2-inch cubes
- 200 g pechay Tagalog, cut into 1/2-inch long strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
1. Sauté onion and garlic then add the ground beef. Sauté the beef until lightly browned then add DEL MONTE Tomato Paste and patis.
2. Add the water and beef bouillon cube, and let it boil. Add the potato and cook until tender then add pechay. Season with salt and pepper.
This Picadillo soup recipe is a source of iron that is needed to normalize metabolism and vitamin A which promotes healthy skin and normal vision.
To make a healthy and less greasy picadillo, choose lean beef. After sautéing the beef, remove the excess oil from the pot before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment