Pine-Sit Canton Recipe
Feeling adventurous? Try this classic favorite with a surprising twist—Pine-sit Canton!
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta, Del Monte Pineapple & Pinoy Dishes
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 37 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced
- 300 g chicken thigh fillet, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup carrot, cut into strips
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup cornstarch, dissolved in pineapple syrup
- 3/4 Tbsp kinchay, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup cabbage, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicharo
- 350 g canton noodles
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (227 g), drained, reserve syrup
- Sauté garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Add chicken and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, water, chicken bouillon cube, soy sauce, and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture then bring to a boil for 1 minute to thicken sauce. Turn down heat to simmer.
- Add remaining vegetables, noodles, and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables and noodles are cooked.
This dish is a source of vitamin A that promotes normal growth and development. Pine-sit canton also has vitamin C that helps prevent common illnesses and infections.
When cooking green-colored vegetables, do not cover the pot/pan so that the green vegetables will be able to release its acids and prevent it from turning dull green.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Preparing for Party?