Pineapple Beef Rice Topping Recipe
An easy-to-prepare comfort dish with pina-level up flavor.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 28 mins.
Serving Size : 17
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, crushed
- 650 g beef, ground
- 1 1/8 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups carrot, diced
- 2 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 1/8 Tbsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (822g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 2 1/4 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 3 Tbsp water
1. Sauté garlic and ground beef until brown. Add water. Bring to a boil then simmer until meat is cooked.
2. Add carrot, brown sugar, pepper, soy sauce, salt, reserved pineapple syrup, and DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar. Simmer until carrot is cooked.
3. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, bell peppers, and cornstarch. Stir, then simmer for 5 minutes. Serve as rice topping.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon