Roast Pine-Pesto Chicken Recipe
A pina-level up take on roasted chicken for your next salu-salo
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 55 mins.
Serving Size : 32
- 200 g basil, fresh
- 1 cup garlic
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 kg chicken, whole (approximately 3 pcs)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (822g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/2 cup drippings
- reserved marinade from chicken
- reserved pineapple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar, white
- 8 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, dissolved in 1 cup water
1. PESTO: Process basil leaves and garlic in a food processor or pound together using mortar and pestle until pasty. Mix with 1/2 cup of reserved pineapple syrup and olive oil. Set aside.
2. Rub chicken inside and outside skin with salt and pepper. Marinate in pesto for 1 hour or overnight.
3. Place the drained DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks in the chicken then close the cavity by securing it with toothpicks to keep the pineapple from spilling. Place the chicken on a pan then cover with foil. Roast in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes. Then, remove the foil and roast for another 20 - 30 minutes so the chicken browns. Keep the drippings for the gravy.
4. GRAVY: Combine all ingredients and simmer until thick. Serve with chicken.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon