Pineapple Pork Steak Recipe
Pork and pineapple is a match made in heaven in this classic steak dish!
The Pork Steak recipe has a lot of similarities to a Bistek Tagalog recipe. If you want to learn how to cook Pork Steak, you’ll need some soy sauce, calamansi, and some onions. Continue reading below for the rest of this easy Pork Steak recipe made piñasarap with Del Monte!
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Pineapple
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 8 hrs. and 25 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 800 g pork, loin or porkchop
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/3 cup garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/3 cup oil, for frying
- 1/3 cup onion, white, sliced into rings
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- Marinate pork overnight in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade.
- Heat pan with oil, then fry pork slices. Set aside. Retain 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan.
- In the same pan, sauté onion. Add remaining marinade. Boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fried pork chops and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Allow to simmer. Serve.
This protein-rich dish is essential for growth and development. It also has Vitamin B3 that's great for digestion and functioning of the nervous system.
Fry the porkchop to brown and not necessarily to cook through. The porkchop will still have the chance to fully cook as it simmers in the sauce.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Wooden Spatula
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon