Pineapple Carne Asada Recipe
Recreate this Mexican dish at home with our easy recipe.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef, Del Monte Juice & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 1 hr. and 5 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr.
Serving Size : 10
FOR THE MARINADE
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano, ground
- 2 cup DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with Vitamins A, C & E (46oz)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt, rock
- 1 kg beef, sirloin, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 can DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- 2 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt, rock
- 2 pack flour tortilla (6")
- 1/2 cup cilantro
1. Mix all ingredients for marinade.
2. Using half of the marinade, marinate the beef for 1 hour.
3. Start by making a pineapple base by skewering the DEL MONTE Pineapple Slices with 2 pieces of barbecue skewers. Skewer 3 pieces of sliced beef. Add another piece of pineapple then continue until all of the pineapples and beef have been skewered.
4. Roast in a turbo broiler at 250°C (482°F) for a total of 40 minutes.
5. For the sauce, simmer the remaining marinade. Add the cornstarch mixture. Simmer until thick and season with salt.
6. To assemble, slice the beef and pineapples into strips. Place in a flour tortilla. Drizzle with sauce and top with cilantro.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Pyrex Dish
- Turbo Broiler