Pork Carbonada Recipe
Serve up a sauce-special pork stew the family will enjoy!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 40 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 2 Tbsp Contadina Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 kg pork, kasim, cut into 2-inch cubes, remove fat and skin
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 3 cups water
- 2 pcs bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 pc beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 2 cups squash, cut into chunks
- 1 pc corn, yellow , cut into 1-inch thick crosswise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1. In a pan, heat Contadina Pure Olive Oil and sauté onion and garlic.
2. Add pork kasim and cook until opaque.
3. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, water, bay leaf, beef bouillon cube. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add sweet potato, squash, and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until potato is cooked. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula