Pork Piña Stew Recipe
Whip up a quick dinner with this simple but flavorful meal.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 50 mins.
Serving Size : 5
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp liquid seasoning
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 300 g pork, loin, boneless-skinless, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup garlic, sliced
- 2 pouches DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
- salt, to taste
- 250 g tofu, cut into chunks then fried
- 1 stalk leeks, sliced
1. Marinate pork for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Drain but reserve any marinade. Sprinkle meat with flour. Brown in oil. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté garlic until light brown then reserve half. Add marinade and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits with syrup. Season with salt to taste. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add the reserved garlic, tofu, and leeks. Allow to simmer.
This recipe provides iron needed for normal metabolism. Iron is also required to make red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Pork lomo is a tender cut of meat that is also lean and easy to overcook. It is best for quick cooking so it stays moist and tender. Overcooking it will result in dry, tough meat.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment