Restaurant Style Grilled Tuna Steaks Recipe
Pan-grilled tuna with a wonderful sweet and sour sauce.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 23 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g), dissolved in 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- 500 g tuna steak, cut into 1/2-inch think
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn, black, crushed
- 2 tsp calamansi juice
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Simmer dissolved DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix for 5 minutes. Add margarine and turn off the heat. Mix the margarine until melted. Add the calamansi zest.
2. While simmering the sauce, season fish with salt, crushed peppercorn, and calamansi juice. Pan-grill the fish.
3. Pour sauce over fish and garnish with chopped parsley
This dish is high in niacin that promotes normal digestion and healthy skin. It is also a source of vitamin A which helps resist infections and helps maintain healthy skin.
For juicy fish, season with salt just before cooking. Salt draws out the moisture in food so adding the salt long in advance will leave it dry and chewy.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment