Here's a simpler take on a Middle Eastern appetizer!
Categories : Appetizer, Chicken & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 33 mins.
Serving Size : 10
FOR THE FILLING
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 350 g chicken, ground
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup singkamas, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet Style Pizza Sauce (115g)
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 8 pc lumpia wrapper, each cut into 4 lengthwise
- 2 cup oil, for frying
1. Filling: Sauté onion and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes. Add soy sauce, salt, carrot, singkamas, and curry powder. Cook for 8 minutes while stirring.
2. Add DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet Style Pizza Sauce and green onions. Cook for 2 minutes. Wrap every 1/2 tablespoon of mixture in lumpia wrapper by starting to fold one end into a triangle and continue folding it until the other end. The triangle-shaped lumpia are fried until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Paper Towel