Saucy Fried Crabs Recipe
Make your loved ones feel extra-special with this dish!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 27 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 600 g crab, alimango
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp black beans (tausi), drained
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 cup water
1. Season crabs with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cornstarch. Deep-fry until cooked. Halve the crabs then set aside.
2. In another pan, sauté garlic and ginger in oil. Add tausi, DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce and water. Simmer, covered for 5 minutes over low heat.
3. Add crabs, toss to coat with sauce. Heat for 1 minute.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed