Shrimp Salad with Pineapples Recipe
Create this tasty salad that has Filipino flair and fruity twist.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Seafood & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 38 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1/2 kg shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 1 Tbsp oil
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 Tbsp DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple syrup
- 250 g romaine lettuce, washed and slice into 3
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato, wedges
- 1 can DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/2 cup pomelo
1. Season shrimp with salt and pepper then marinate in 2 tablespoon of DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and oil for 15 minutes. Pan grill until cooked. Set aside.
2. In a sucepan, combine remaining DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and combine with the sauce ingredients. Stir over medium low heat until thick. Set aside.
3. To assemble: Combine lettuce with cucumber, onion, tomatoes, DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple, pomelo, and shrimps. Pour sauce over the mix.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon