Shrimp Salad with Pineapples Recipe
Create this tasty salad that has Filipino flair and fruity twist.
Categories : Appetizer, Seafood & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 38 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1/2 kg shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 1 Tbsp oil
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 Tbsp DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple syrup
- 250 g romaine lettuce, washed and slice into 3
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato, wedges
- 1 can DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/2 cup pomelo
1. Season shrimp with salt and pepper then marinate in 2 tablespoon of DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and oil for 15 minutes. Pan grill until cooked. Set aside.
2. In a sucepan, combine remaining DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and combine with the sauce ingredients. Stir over medium low heat until thick. Set aside.
3. To assemble: Combine lettuce with cucumber, onion, tomatoes, DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple, pomelo, and shrimps. Pour sauce over the mix.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon