Mango Glazed Wings Recipe
Give your favorite chicken wings a sweet, tropical twist!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Juice & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 11 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g)
- 1 cup DEL MONTE Sweetened Mango Juice Drink (240ml)
- 1 tsp siling labuyo, chopped
- 1/4 cup mango jam
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 500 g chicken, wings, fried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, for dredging
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch, dissolved in 1 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
1. In a pot, dissolve DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix in DEL MONTE Sweetened Mango Juice Drink.
2. Simmer over low heat while constantly stirring, then add the siling labuyo and mango jam.
3. Add the dissolved cornstarch. Cook until thick.
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in cornstarch then dip in cornstarch batter. Deep fry in hot oil for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
5. Toss in cooked chicken wings in sauce. Serve.
This Mango Glazed Wings dish is a source of iron and vitamin C. Iron is needed for normal metabolism while vitamin C plays a role in enhancing the absorption of iron in the body.
To lessen the heat of the siling labuyo, remove the veins and the seeds before chopping.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wire Whisk
Please login to post your comment