Shrimp Sotanghon Recipe
Here's a great dish using rice noodles and shrimp! Try it today!
Categories : Soup, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 2 Tbsp oil, for sautéing
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 100 g shrimp, shells removed but keep tails intact, reserve heads and shells
- 1/4 cup patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 4 cups shrimp stock, from boiled shrimp heads and shells
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup togue
- 2 pcs tokwa, fried and cut into strips
- 100 g sotanghon, cut into 2-inch long
- 3/4 cup green onions, cut into 1-inch long
1. Sauté garlic and onion in oil. Add shrimps and when the shrimps are cooked set aside. In the same pan, add patis, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, and shrimp stock. Season with pepper, to taste. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add togue, cooked shrimps, and tokwa. Allow to simmer, then add sotanghon. Simmer for 3 minutes. Top with green onions just before serving.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon