Turon Espesyal Recipe
Trust us, guests won't be able to stop snacking on this decadent Pinoy treat!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit, Del Monte Pineapple & Pinoy Dishes
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 45 mins.
Serving Size : 15
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (836g), drained, reserve 3 Tbsp syrup
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 150 g langka, ripe, cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 24 pc lumpia wrapper
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 Tbsp sugar, brown
1. Combine DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail, cornstarch, ripe langka, cinnamon, and reserved fruit cocktail syrup in a pot. Turn on the heat and cook until thick. Cool.
2. Separate wrappers by 2 pieces. Wrap every 2 tablespoons of fruit mixture by folding the sides of the wrapper sheet over the fruit filling then rolling until the end of the wrapper then seal edges. Deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
3. To make the sauce, heat all-purpose cream and brown sugar over low heat, stirring continuously, then pour over turon.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board