Special Rellenong Bangus Recipe
This recipe makes it easier to prepare a tasty rellenong bangus!
Rellenong Bangus is a healthy dish you can serve to your family. This delicious fish dish involves a lot of steps, however, you can ask your kids to help you out with this Rellenong Bangus recipe. Read on to learn how to make Rellenong Bangus.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood, Del Monte Tomato Sauce & Pinoy Dishes
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 50 mins.
Serving Size : 10
- 1 kg bangus, boneless (approximately 2 pieces)
- 1/4 cup onion, red, minced
- 1/2 cup carrot, minced
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 2 pc egg
- 2 Tbsp celery, minced
- 2 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp pickle relish
- 1/2 cup cheese, processed, grated
- Scrape the meat of the boneless fish. Let it steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix all together the onion, carrots, raisins, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, egg, celery, calamansi, soy sauce, pepper, pickle relish, and cheese.
- Strain well the steamed fish. Mash the meat. Add the fish in the marinade mixture.
- Fill the mixture back into the skin of the bangus.
- Steam the fish for 5 to 10 minutes just to let it set.
- Fry the fish until the skin is golden brown.
This dish is high in protein needed for the growth, development, and repair of body tissues. It is also high in vitamin A which is important for the normal structure of the skin and keeps the immune system healthy.
To keep the stuffing inside, secure the sliced side with a couple of toothpicks to keep it in place.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Frying Pan
- Fish Turner
- Chopping Board