Steamed Fruit Cake Recipe
All you need is a steamer to make this holiday favorite.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 31 mins.
Serving Size : 16
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 pc egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (836g), drained
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted
1. Grease loaf pan with oil then dust with flour. Place a base of parchment wax paper if available.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix butter, eggs, and molasses in a separate bowl. Add in dry ingredients.
4. Add raisins, DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail, and almonds.
5. Pour batter onto the loaf pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
6. Steam for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Mixing Bowl