Vietnamese Beef Stew Recipe
This flavorful one-pot meal makes for great comfort food.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 10 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 1 kg beef, shortribs, cubed
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup ginger, sliced into sticks
- 2 tsp five-spice powder
- 4 tsp sugar, brown
- 3 Tbsp patis
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Mechado Sauce (80g)
- 3 pc lemongrass, pounded and tied
- 2 pc star anise
- 2 liter water
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 cup potato, cut into chunks
1. Combine all ingredients in a pot except carrot and potato. Cook until beef is tender.
2. When the beef is tender, add the carrot and potato and cook until the vegetables are easily pierced with a fork.
Cooking Skills Needed