Citrus Pine Mechado Recipe
Add a sweet and tangy flavor to your regular mechado.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef, Del Monte Pineapple & Pinoy Dishes
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 3 hrs. and 46 mins.
Serving Size : 7
- 250 g beef, chuck/kalitiran (beef round or beef brisket), cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 kutsara ng soy sauce
- 1/2 piraso ng lemon, squeeze the juice and divide into 2, mince the zest
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng oil, for browning
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng mantika
- 1/2 cup ng garlic, crushed
- 5 mga piraso ng Sibuyas Tagalog/shallots cut into half
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 kutsarita ng paminta, black
- 2 mga piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 3/4 cup ng tubig
- 1 1/2 kutsara ng oil, for frying
- 1 cup ng sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve syrup
- 3 kutsara ng bell pepper, red, cut into 1-inch squares
- 3 kutsara ng bell pepper, green, cut into 1-inch squares
- Marinate beef in soy sauce, reserved pineapple syrup and half of lemon juice.
- In a pan, heat the oil then brown the meat in batches and set aside.
- In the same pan, add oil then sauté garlic and shallots over low heat until fragrant. Add browned beef and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and bayleaf.
- Add the DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and water. Bring to a boil and lower down heat and simmer until meat is tender. In a separate pan, fry sweet potato while simmering the meat.
- When the meat is tender, add the DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, bell peppers, and sweet potato.
- Add remaining lemon juice just before serving and sprinkle with lemon zest.
This Citrus Pine Mechado recipe is source of vitamin A that helps maintain healthy skin and vitamin C which aids in wound healing and helps resist infections.
The reserved syrup is naturally sweet when added to the marinade, it will not only give added flavor but also help in browning the meat as the sugar caramelizes. Be sure to put the heat on medium when frying so that the meat does not burn.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon