Classic Caldereta Recipe (Party)
Loved by everybody, this classic recipe is definitely a must-try!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 2 hrs. and 52 mins.
Serving Size : 30
- 3 1/2 kg beef shortribs, cut into serving portions
- 2/3 cup ng DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/2 cup ng garlic, crushed
- 1 kutsara ng peppercorn, crushed
- 1/2 cup ng soy sauce
- 2/3 cup ng olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup ng onion, sliced
- 4 piraso ng siling labuyo, sliced
- 2/3 cup ng liver spread
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (1kg)
- 5 cup ng tubig
- 4 piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 4 cup ng potato, cut into chunks
- 1 1/3 cup ng green olives, pitted
- 4 piraso ng whole pickle, sliced crosswise
- 2 cup ng bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 2 cup ng bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 3 cup ng green peas, frozen
- 1 cup ng cheese, grated
1. Marinate beef for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade. Brown meat pieces in olive oil. Set aside meat. Discard excess oil.
2. In the same pan, sauté garlic from marinade, then add onion. Sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add beef, sili, and liver spread, then sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add remaining marinade, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, laurel, and water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour or until beef is almost tender, stirring occasionally, adding more water if needed.
5. Add potatoes, olives, pickles, and bell peppers. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add frozen peas and cheese. Allow to simmer. Serve.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto