Pata Kare-Kare Recipe (Party)
Serve this guaranteed pleaser for your next family dinner!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy & Pinoy Dishes
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 5 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 1 hr. and 15 mins.
Serving Size : 30
- 3 3/5 kg pork, pata front, cut up
- 6 kutsara ng garlic, crushed
- 6 kutsara ng patis
- 9 cup ng tubig
- 6 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 2 cup ng eggplant, sliced
- 2 cup ng puso ng saging/banana heart, trimmed and sliced
- 3 cup ng sitaw/yardlong beans, cut into 3-inch long pieces
- 4 cup ng pechay Tagalog
- 3/4 cup ng bagoong alamang
1. Rub pata with garlic and patis. Boil in enough water for 45 minutes. Drain, discard the broth.
2. Add 9 cups water to the pata. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
3. When the meat is tender, transfer into a bowl. Retain only 4 1/2 cups broth in pan. Add DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix and vegetables except pechay. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add pechay. Simmer for 3 minutes then add back to the meat. Serve with sautéed bagoong alamang.
This Pata Kare-Kare recipe is high in protein which is essential in growth and development, and in vitamin B1 which plays a role in muscle contraction.
Discard the water from the first boiling. This gets rid of any odors or impurities that the pata might have.
Please login to post your comment