Tortang Monggo Recipe
Here's a creative way to enjoy healthy monggo!
Tired of the same old torta? We’re shaking things up with this Tortang Monggo recipe! It’s healthy and full of protein, perfect for your family. Learn how to cook Tortang Monggo today!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Vegetable & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 5 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 50 mins.
Serving Size : 7
- 1/3 cup ng monggo, green
- 1 cup ng tubig
- 1 cup ng alamang, fresh or dulong
- 1 cup ng malunggay
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1/2 cup ng flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 cup ng onion, red, chopped
- 3 piraso ng egg, beaten
- 1 3/4 kutsarita ng asin
- 1/2 kutsarita ng paminta, black
- 1 cup ng oil, for frying
- Bring to boil then simmer monggo in water for 30 minutes or until monggo is cooked. Combine monggo with remaining ingredients, except oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Fry every 2 tablespoons of mixture in hot oil. Cook until golden brown. Serve with DEL MONTE Chili Sauce or DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar.
This Tortang Monggo dish is a unique spin on the Filipino favorite high in Vitamin A that helps boost the family's immunity and eyesight. It also has calcium which helps in bone growth and development.
Fry the mixture in a pan over medium to high heat. This allows the batter to set and at the same time brown. A pan that is too hot will burn the batter.
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula
Please login to post your comment