Adobong Manok sa Atsuete Recipe
Try the Ilonggo version of adobo!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr.
Serving Size : 8
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp atsuete seeds
- 1 kg chicken, thigh and leg, bone in
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/4 cup onion, green, cut 2-inches long
1. In a pot, heat the oil and atsuete until the oil starts to sizzle gently. Turn the heat off and let the seeds soak for 2 minutes. Strain and discard the seeds.
2. Marinate chicken in reserved pineapple syrup for at least 30 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat atsuete oil then fry garlic. Set aside the fried garlic.
3. Fry chicken until golden brown in the same atsuete oil. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, sauté onion then add back the chicken. Stir in the vinegar and simmer until almost dry.
5. Add the marinade. Bring to a boil then simmer until chicken is tender. Add the DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks and half of the fried garlic. Mix well. Top with remaining fried garlic and green onions. Serve.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon