Ampalaya Guisado Recipe
A tasty veggie dish that’s perfect for light meals.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Vegetable, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 11 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 200 g pork, ground
- 1 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 300 g ampalaya, seeds removed then cut into squares
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 150 g tokwa, cut into cubes then fried
- 2 Tbsp fermented black beans (tausi)
- 2 pcs egg, beaten
1. Sauté garlic, onion, and pork. Add water, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, ampalaya, celery, and tokwa. Bring to a boil then simmer for 3 minutes.
2. Add tausi and eggs. Simmer for 1 minute.
This vegetable dish is a source of protein and iron. Protein is essential for growth, development, and repair of body tissues while iron is necessary for normal metabolism.
Drain the tausi really well to remove the excess brine where the tausi fermented.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment