Arroz A La Cubana Recipe
An all-in-one, satisfying meal, perfect for any time of the day!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 23 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, red, sliced
- 250 g pork, ground
- 1 1/3 cups kamote, diced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/3 cup green peas, frozen
- 4 cups rice, steamed
- 3 pcs banana, saba, each sliced diagonally into 5 and fried
- 4 pcs egg, fried sunny side up
1. Sauté garlic, onion, and pork. Add kamote. Cook for 5 minutes or until light brown. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, raisins, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes or until kamote is cooked. Add peas. Set aside.
2. Mold or scoop cooked rice on individual plates. Arrange sautéed meat mixture and fried saba around the rice. Top with egg.
This dish is a source of vitamin B1 that helps keep the nervous system healthy. It is also a source of vitamin C that helps fight common infections and keeps gums healthy.
To make perfectly cooked fried eggs, heat the pan over medium to high heat. Add oil then crack the egg and slip it carefully into the pan. Immediately lower the heat. Season with salt and pepper then place a few drops of water into the pan. Cover with a lid and cook until the whites have set and the yolk is done to your desired consistency. Slide into a plate.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Serving Plate
Please login to post your comment