Classic Morcon Recipe
You know it’s a truly festive occasion when there’s morcon on the table. Happy eating!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 40 mins.
Serving Size : 15
- 750 g beef, round, pre-sliced for morcon
FOR THE MARINADE
- 3/4 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
FOR THE STUFFING
- 2 pc egg, hard-boiled and each sliced into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup hotdog, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup bacon
- 1 1/4 cup carrot, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup whole pickle, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp flour, all-purpose
- 2 1/2 Tbsp oil
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 cup water
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
1. Pound beef to flatten. Marinate for 30 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade.
2. Starting at one end of meat, arrange the stuffing in alternate rows until all are used up. Roll and tie with string (crocheting thread). Sprinkle with flour then brown all sides in oil. Set aside.
3. Sauté garlic and onion. Add beef, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, water, laurel leaf, and marinade. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender.
4. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Remove string from morcon. Slice and arrange on a platter. Pour sauce on top.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Preparing for Party?